Spring is finally here in Austin, Texas, and man I hope it’s here to stick. After a long, dreary winter, the sunshine just makes me feel better. When I feel better, I’m more productive. Looking back at March, it shows. I read a lot of books and my word count was higher than it was in February.
The Books I Read
- The Bride Wore Size 12 by Meg Cabot
- Witness in Death by J.D. Robb
- Judgment in Death by J.D. Robb
- Betrayal in Death by J.D. Robb
- Seduction in Death by J.D. Robb
- The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen
- Duty and the Beast by Chelsea Field
- The Flight Attendant by Chris Bohjalian
Originally, I had another book on the list, Happiness for Humans. I started the book, but it just wasn’t my style so I didn’t finish it. Life is too short to read books you aren’t into!
I didn’t know a lot about The Wife Between Us and while I liked the premise the two authors were going for, the ending left me feeling deflated. I expected more of a climax and in the end, nothing really happened. But that is life, is it not?
The Books I Wrote
I’m still working on my short story, Airtime and Alibis. I know the title is a little corny, but it’s a fun story. I’m hoping to have the first draft done soon.
What’s Up for April
Books I’m Planning to Read
- Finish The Flight Attendant by Chris Bohjalian
- Fire and Fury by Michael Wolf
- Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- Reunion in Death by J.D. Robb
- Purity in Death by J.D. Robb
- Portrait in Death by J.D. Robb
Yes, I’m about to read that book about the Trump Administration. I worked in politics in the 2016 election, so any book that really talks about what happened and the outcome of that is something I’m interested in. I’m skeptical of the book, but excited to see what’s really in there now that the controversy has died down.
Also on the list is Gone Girl, for all the books I’ve read with the word “Girl” or “Women” in it, I have never read Gone Girl. It’s been on my list for a long time and I found it at the library a few weeks ago, so I grabbed it.
I definitely say this list is an exciting one and I can’t wait to read all of these books.
The Books I’m Writing
I’ll be finishing up Airtime and Alibis, and then I’ll start the second story of the series. I’m hoping to do three short stories in this quarter, all in the same universe. It’s been a fun experience so far writing something new and getting to try something different.