Back a long time ago, when I was pushing out content left and right trying to get eyes out on it, I’d have my goals list up by day five of the year. This year, in the spirit of take care, that’s not happening.
It’s not happening for a lot of reasons, but the biggest one is that I simply don’t have enough energy to put out a ton of content in one week. I need more time to write some of this stuff. While I have many personal goals this year, those aren’t the fun ones.
The fun ones are the writing and reading goals, so I want to share those as a way to keep myself accountable. I want to be more analytical with the way I handle goals this year, setting up habits to track my progress, like making sure I drink 100 ounces of water each day and tracking those every day I do to see the progress.
With this, I hope I’ll be able to look back to see the progress at the end of the year and see just that, actual progress. So without further ado, here are my reading and writing goals for 2022.
1. Read 60 books
2. Read 5 nonfiction books
3. Read though my backlog (and try to buy less books)
4. Read 10 books on my kindle
1. Start Facebook advertising in anticipation of the release of Justice and Lies
2. Grow Instagram by 150 followers
3. Focus on Instagram Stories and Reels, post at least 300 days on stories
4. Grow my email list
5. Publish a book!
1. Publish Justice and Lies (I’m counting this in both writing and marketing)
2. Write and Edit Hit List
3. Possibly publish Hit List
4. Maybe write a serial for something like Kindle Vella
5. Form an LLC for my writing
I am really trying to focus on being smart about my time this year and how to automate things I don’t need to be doing. I want to build what I’ve spent years dilly dallying around with my writing and actually see progress. That’s why, at 8pm on a Monday night, I’m writing this instead of watching endless TV like I want to (I am brain dead right now). I have to figure out how to better use my time and take care of my creative pursuits.
So here’s to 2022 and taking care of business.