Another year and a whole lot of books read. It’s been a goal for a few years to read through my bookshelf, through books that I’ve owned for a while, and I try to sprinkle those in with new reads. This year, I might top it out with 100 books read (I’m currently on book #96 with a little more than two weeks to go).
That being said, not every book can be a favorite, but I love to list out some of my favorites ever year, with fun categories. That being said, here are a few of my favorite reads from 2022.
Favorite Stand-Alone Thriller
- The Last Housewife by Ashley Winstead
- All Good People Here by Ashley Flowers
- The Replacement Wife by Darcy Kane
- The Last Flight by Julie Clark
- Too Good to be True by Carola Lovering
I’m Glad My Mom Died by Janette McCurdy
- A Promised Land by Barack Obama
- Weather Girl by Rachel Lynn Solomon
- It Happened One Summer by Tessa Bailey
- A Merry Little Cute Meet by Julie Murphy and Sierra Simone
- Young, Rich Widows by Kimberly Belle, Layne Fargo, Cate Holahan and Vanessa Lillie
- The Lying Club by Annie Ward
- Love in the Time of Serial Killers by Alicia Thompson
Dating You/Hating You by Christina Lauren (read in about 5 hours)
I feel like each year, I learn something new about my reading tastes and this year was definitely the love of the gloomy/sunshine romance trope and audiobooks. I also learned that I have a deep, odd need to always beat the estimated time left on a kindle book.
What were your favorite books this year?