The holiday season is over, and it’s time to get to work. Since I work in a sales role in my day job (business to consumer sales), I don’t get a whole week off or anything like that. I felt like I hit the jackpot when Christmas was on a Sunday, so I got the whole weekend and Friday and Monday off.
I also got two days off for New Year but now it’s back to real business. 2023 feels like a big year, as I stare down the passing time between what’s left of my twenties and a new decade.
While I know this is me just freaking out about thirty, it feels like this is the time now to get it all together, especially my health. I know that it’s a totally arbritary deadline, turning thirty, but I feel it.
My boyfriend is two years older than me, and I spent my last month of twenty-seven wondering how I was old enough to date a thirty year old (his birthday is in October, mine is in November). And now I’m the one about to turn thirty.
With that being said, I’ve already started on some of these goals, since my twenty-ninth birthday.
I break my goals up into a few different categories, and by categories, I mean like seven or eight of them. So bear with me here.
- write and publish the fourth Cassie book, Hit List
- write and publish a stand alone novel, probably at the end of the year
- first season of my serial book I started in NaNoWriMo
- grow my email list to 100, 200, or 300 (good, better, best goals)
- grow tiktok to either 500, 1,000, or 2,000 (good, better, best)
- form my LLC (my day job involves a company that forms LLCs every day. I really have no excuse) -advertise on Facebook + AMS -post on Patreon 20x a month -grow my Patreon to 10 patrons
- read 75 books (stretch goal is 100)
- listen to all the audiobooks I have in my my audio libraries
- read through my bookshelf
- read 10 nonfiction books
- go to Mexico, for friends’ wedding (they’re marrying each other). This also goes toward 13 by 30, to use my passport (you can learn more about the 13 by 30 goals by joining Patreon)
- learn calligraphy
- a goal leftover from last year
- catch a tornado (this one is crazy, I know)
- donate blood 4 times
- donate clothes 3 times
FITNESS AND WELLNESS GOALS
- workout 3x a week
- develop a stretching habit
- lose 40 pounds
- develop a journaling habit
- find a primary car doctor
- go to the dentist
- go to the eye doctor
- drink 100 fluid ounces of water regularly
I know those goals feel ambitious, but so many of them I’m already on the path for. Writing Hit List, trying to build my savings, going to the gym. I’m doing all of these already, the key is to make sure I just stay on the path.
Wish me luck.