Another year has come and gone and I’ve got a long list of books that I’ve read. I’m currently reading book 103 and 104 (an audiobook and an e-book) and that’s the most books I’ve read in a year in a while. I finished book 100 on New Years’ Eve last year.
The crazy thing is, I probably would have read more if not for what happened in October. Once I stopped working, my reading took a nosedive and I’ve really struggled to enjoy reading lately. I hope that in the new year, I pick back up just a bit.
Every year, there are a few categories of books I love to share, because not every book can be a favorite, but there’s always a favorite.
Favorite Stand Alone Thrillers
- The Last Word by Taylor Adams
- Thicker than Water by Megan Collins
- The Drowning Woman by Robyn Harding
- The Escape Room by Megan Goldin
- Just the Nicest Couple by Mary Kubica
- Christmas Presents by Lisa Unger
- The Boyfriend Candidate by Ashley Winstead
- Business or Pleasure by Rachel Lynn Solomon
- The Reunion by Kayla Olson
The Avalon Bay series by Elle Kennedy
- Spare by Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex
- The Woman in Me by Britney Spears
Becoming Sister Wives by the Brown Family
Last year, I included favorite audiobooks since I finally got into those. But this year, my former job changed my role so I no longer was able to listen to audiobooks. I just started listening to them again in the last month, so there’s only been a few. Either way, 104 books (and counting) is a good run for the year.